It's Day 5 and I'm running out steam!! Instead of washing Flats last night I choose to go to bed early. I let them soak over night. I am trying my hardest to avoid washing them this morning but if don't I will run out today. With this crazy humidity it's taking more than 5 hours for the flats to dry, even outside .
Tips I have learned:
1) Roll your covers and pockets in a towel. My wipeable PUL covers dry faster then my flats this way
2) A second bucket comes in handy. while washing in one bucket , I have more flats and covers soaking in the second.
3) it's possible to get by with a dozen flats BUT I would suggest having extras if possible. For days that you feel like slacking on Handwashing
4) Rubber gloves are a must have, but only if you remember to wear them
5) Receiving Blankets are great choice for flats. They are bigger than most brands of Birdseye flats, are inexpensive and easy to find. I love having the bamboo and hemp flats for night but they take a few hours longer to dry.
Now I must go and get the washing over with.
* note: I first wrote this post at 8 am, I am publishing now at 11am and I still have not washed these Flats yet